What is Parquet Flooring?
Parquet floors are composed of wooden blocks arranged in a geometric pattern to provide a modern touch to your homes, offices, and working places. Parquet floors comprise solid timber wood. Some parquet floors come as tiles or blocks that have to be arranged together in repeating patterns to form a complete floor.
Features of Parquet Flooring
- Parquet flooring Dubai provides a lifetime of value and durability to the floors. It is one of the best flooring system solutions. Parquet flooring is applied in places with high foot traffic, and it offers an outrageous amount of endurance for a longer period.
- Unlike colder tiles, these wood-block floors have brightness and are much more durable compared to the laminate flooring systems. These floors can withstand the wear and tear of daily use and can last up to 15 years in one span.
- These wooden floors come in distinct patterns and designs. These wooden blocks can be arranged symmetrically to create a pattern on the floor. The most common flooring patterns used are riffs on square motifs, sunbursts, and medallions.
- Parquet floors are placed as tiles in a repeating pattern. Damage to any of these tiles can be repaired by replacing that specific tile with a new tile of that same pattern. These wooden tiles have shades of different wood colours. You can choose from a range of distinct and specific colours according to your requirements for your home decor.
Parquet Flooring – The Best Decor Solution
Wooden block flooring is the best flooring solution for your home. There are a lot of advantages and features. It suits the home decor best because of the wide range of colours, patterns, and designs. It is easy to maintain, easy to clean, can withstand a constant stream of traffic, and lasts for a longer period of time.
To clear up all your doubts about parquet flooring and whether it’s worth it economically, We’ve listed all the benefits of the wood-block flooring system. Here, we’ve summarised all the reasons why wooden flooring is the best home decor solution.
1. Design Variation in Wooden Flooring
There are 3 popular designs for this parquet flooring. These designs are listed below:
It offers rectangular wooden blocks arranged in a V-shaped pattern at 90 degrees. It creates an amazing visual format.
It also offers wooden blocks cut at 45 degrees and arranged in a V-shaped repeated pattern.
This design is formed by combining square-shaped wooden tiles in a repeated pattern. It provides a simple but modern look to the flooring of your home. The squares are cut into different sizes according to the customer’s needs.
No matter what type of design you prefer, these wooden floors will enhance the beauty of your home’s interior. From traditional to modern designs, these parquet floors have a variety of designs.
2. Versatility in Flooring Materials
One of the best things that makes parquet flooring desirable is its availability in various flooring materials. You can buy these floor tiles in the following materials:
- Solid Wood Floors
- Engineered Wooden Floors
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT)
- Laminate Flooring
Such diversification allows for a broader range of plank widths and thicknesses. It is important to consider a specific wood material because it will decide the finish of your wooden floor.
3. Wooden Floors in the Living Room
Parquet floors are the best home floor decor solutions because of their brighter appearance. It is because of the finishing of wood floors through the use of chemicals. By using a hard-wearing varnish or hard wax oil, wood-block floors are furnished to create an enlightening impact.
These furnished wooden floors enhance the beauty of your home, especially the living room decor. These floors impart a gleaming and desirable look to the home. While maintaining a modern look, it gives a feeling of warmth to the area where you install it. You can choose to stain the wood with different colours according to your interests.
4. Easy Installation For Parquet Floors
The installation of parquet floors is quite easy and mainly depends on the type of floor you choose for the installation purpose. If you want to install solid wood or engineered wood floors in your house, then you will require the services of specialist fitters for this purpose. However, most companies provide an interlocking “click system” that makes installation easy.
These floors require no glue or adhesive; you simply click each board with the next one and they combine to make the complete floor. They can also be taken up again for customization in the future. The easiest installation is of the LVT floors, and they are installed as a DIY project.
5. Low-cost Flooring System
This wooden flooring system is relatively cheaper than concrete, ceramic tiles, or any other flooring system. Wooden floors are inexpensive, at a cost of $20 to $45 per square foot. These parquet floors are cheaper and provide a lavish look to the home interior. These parquet floors are made from woods like oak, walnut, maple, cherry, mahogany, and even some exotic wood products.
6. Non-allergic and stable
These floors are non-allergic, unlike carpets and rugs. It is an excellent choice for people who suffer from allergic reactions. Parquet floors are better than traditional old-fashioned wooden floors because they comprise three layers to reduce wood movement. The top layer is the wear layer that ensures the most endurance time. The bottom layers are for impact absorption and ensuring stability.
Parquet floors have all these benefits that make them the best solution for home decor flooring. It is available in unique qualities, ranging from veneer-covered particleboard to actual hardwood cut in different shapes and sizes to suit the customer’s needs.
It allows for customization and is best suited to enhance the beauty of your home interior. If you want to adopt a sustainable lifestyle, it is a good option. It is also budget-friendly and durable, which means it is a once-in-a-lifetime investment.