If you plan to extend your stay in Australia after graduation, you will need a Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485. This temporary visa allows the holder to stay for 18 months to 4 years, depending on the stream they choose. With this subclass 485 visa Australia, you can work full-time for an Australian employer during your stay. This work experience can prove beneficial if you plan for a permanent residency. But to enjoy all the benefits, the primary 485 visa requirement is to make a complete and valid Visa 485 application. This blog gives you a detailed guide on what documents you have to submit.
Gather the Following Documents for a Successful Application
For any 485 subclass visa application, you have to provide documents in support of your claims. Because the Immigration Department makes its decision using the information provided in the application, it will be a good idea to provide as much information as you can.
Remember that you may have to wait for several documents. So, apply for them pretty early to have them at the time of lodging the application.
Your 485 Visa checklist should include the following documents.
As an overseas individual, providing a certified copy of your passport is mandatory. Provide the pages that contain your personal details, photo, and the issue and expiry dates.
In addition, you must also submit:
- A national id card
- Name change proof like a marriage certificate or any other relevant document, if applicable
Meeting the Australian study requirements is one of the main Graduate Visa 485 eligibility criteria. To prove that, you must submit the necessary documents, including:
- A completion letter issued by your Australian study provider that contains the start and end date of the course, and the specific CRICOS code for the course
- Academic transcripts.
- Any applicable credits
English Language Requirement Documents
For your Temporary Graduate Visa 485, submitting the English language documents is necessary. You may provide the score of an internationally accepted English test taken not more than 3 years ago. Test scores will be different for different tests.
- At least 6 overall band scores in IELTS
- A minimum of 64 in TOEFL iBT
- At least 50 overall band scores in PTE Academic
- A minimum of B in each component of OET
- At least an overall band score of 169 in CAE
However, this condition will not apply if you are from New Zealand, Canada, the US, the UK, or Ireland.
Skills Assessment Documents
Skills assessment documents are required if you apply for the Graduate Work Stream.
For this stream, you will need to nominate an occupation present on the relevant skilled occupations list and show that you have the skills required in the Australian job market. An appropriate authority will have to assess your skills.
The authority may not send you the assessment details before your application. In that case, you must at least show that you have applied for it. But make sure you send the relevant documents before the Department decides on your application.
Health Insurance Documents
For your 485 Subclass Visa application, you must have proper health insurance coverage in Australia. Documents may include:
- A signed letter issued by a health insurance provider
- Medicare document, if applicable
Note that you may use your Overseas Student Health Cover at the time of application if it remains valid. But at the time of the subclass 485 visa australia decision, you must obtain another health insurance coverage.
You and your dependent applicants aged 16 years or more have to provide character documents. You may show your Australian Federal Police (AFP) check clearance certificate or that you have applied for the check. Remember that this certificate stays valid for 12 months.
Also, note that you must not submit any other documents like Australian state or territorial police-issued national certificates or standard disclosure certificates.
There are several forms you have to fill-up. These include:
- Form 80 where you have to mention several personal details required for your character assessment, and
- Form 1221 for giving additional personal particulars
You may also have to submit the following documents.
- Police departments of every country where you have lived for at least one year in the last 10 years since you have reached 16 should issue a clearance certificate.
- If you have served in the army, do not forget to provide the proper service and discharge papers.
Documents to Submit When You Take Migration Help
If you hire a migration expert for the application guidance, provide a filled-out Form 956.
You may include your partner or spouse in your 485 Visa Australia application. In that case, you must submit your partner’s:
- Identity documents
- Character certificates
- Other family members’ papers, if applicable
You have to submit your marriage registration certificate or any other valid document if you are married.
On the other hand, if you are in a de facto partnership, submit valid documents to show that:
- You are mutually committed to each other
- Your relationship is continuing and genuine
- You have no blood relation
- You live together and support one another
Documents for Dependent Children
If you include dependent children in your Graduate Visa Australia application, you must submit some necessary documents.
If they are under 18, you have to submit:
- A certified copy of the birth certificate or a family book showing the names of both parents
- A copy of a valid adoption document, if applicable
For the parental consent, you have to provide:
- A filled-out Form 1229, or
- A statutory declaration
You can also include children over 18, provided they are under 23 and financially dependent on you or your spouse. Necessary documents are as follows.
- A birth certificate copy
- Other identity documents
- Character documents
- Proof of financial dependency like bank statements
If your child is over 23 but has some physical limitations, you can include them. For that, you must provide a valid certificate issued by a medical practitioner.
Get Help from the Best Immigration Consultant in Perth
Hiring the best migration agent in Perth is the most effective option for the most desired application outcome. Contact any reputed migration firm, and they will help you find one.