Generally, most of the students choose Chartered accountant as their career. Moreover, it is an intelligent decision for today’s youth. Moreover, a candidate can start the career of CA after their 12 class. Also, after completing class 12, a candidate can be eligible to register for the CA foundation course. Additionally, the CA foundation exam is held twice a year, one is in May, and another is in November. Also, before an aspirant registers for the CA foundation level, he/she must know about the CA foundation syllabus.
Also, the CA foundation level has four papers. Additionally, all the papers carry 100 marks each. Moreover, at this level, students study different papers like principles and practice of accounting, business law, business mathematics, and business economics. However, the updated CA foundation syllabus was provided by ICAI to the aspirants. Also, whenever students register themselves at the CA foundation level, the CA foundation syllabus and CA foundation study materials are provided by ICAI. Additionally, the first two papers of the CA foundation level are subjective, and the last two papers are objective.
Besides this, CA foundation registration for May 2022 starts from Jan 2022. Also, a student must clear all the papers of the CA foundation level to enter into CA intermediate level.
So, here is detailed information about the CA foundation syllabus May 2022, subject, and exam pattern below.
Let’s know how to prepare for the CA foundation level.
CA Foundation Syllabus 2022
So, a candidate appears in four papers at the CA foundation level. Moreover, after the ICAI CA foundation registration process, a student quickly gets the PDF of the syllabus. Additionally, here you get the latest syllabus of the CA foundation exam in May 2022 below.
PAPER – 1: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF ACCOUNTING
So, this is the first paper on the CA foundation exam. Additionally, this paper consists of 100 marks. So, here you get all the chapters of this paper below.
1. Theoretical Framework
2. Accounting Process
3. Bank Reconciliation Statement
5. Concept and Accounting of Depreciation
6. Accounting for Special Transactions
7. Final Accounts of Sole Proprietors
8. Partnership Accounts
9. Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organizations
10. Introduction to Company Accounts
PAPER – 2: BUSINESS LAWS AND BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTING
So, this is the second paper on the CA foundation exam. Also, this paper has two sections, and below, you get all the subjects of this paper.
Section A: Business Laws
1. The Indian Contract Act, 1872
2. The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
3. The Indian Partnership Act, 1932
4. The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
5. The Companies Act, 2013
Section B- Business Correspondence and Reporting Syllabus
II: Sentence Types and Word Power
IV: Developing Writing Skills
PAPER –3: BUSINESS MATHEMATICS, LOGICAL REASONING AND STATISTICS
So, the third paper of the CA foundation level is divided into three parts. These are below:-
Part – A: Business Mathematics
1. Ratio and Proportion, Indices and Logarithms
2. Equations and Matrices
3. Linear Inequalities with Objective Functions and Optimization w.r.t. objective function.
4. Time value of Money
5. Permutations and Combinations
6. Sequence and Series
7. Sets, Relations, and Functions
8. Basic applications of Differential and Integral calculus (Excluding the trigonometric applications, Applications of Marginal Cost and Marginal Revenue, etc.)
Part – B: Logical Reasoning
1. Number Series, Coding and Decoding and the odd man out
2. Direction Tests
3. Seating Arrangements
4. Blood Relations
Part – C: Statistics
1. Statistical description of Data
2. Measures of Central tendency and Dispersion
4. Theoretical Distributions
5. Correlation and Regression
6. Index Numbers and Time Series
PAPER – 4: BUSINESS ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL KNOWLEDGE
The fourth paper of the CA foundation level also has two parts. So, these are described below:-
Part I: Business Economics
1. Introduction to Business Economics
2. Theory of Demand and Supply
3. Theory of Production and Cost
4. Price Determination in Different Markets
5. Business Cycles
Part – II: Business and Commercial Knowledge
1. Business and Commercial Knowledge – An Introduction
2. Business Environment
3. Business Organizations
4. Government Policies for Business Growth
5. Organizations Facilitating Business
6. Common Business Terminologies
CA Foundation Exam Pattern
So, the CA foundation exam consists of four papers. Also, each paper has 100 marks, a total of 400 mark exams. Additionally, there are two mediums of the exam, one in Hindi and another in English. Also during the CA foundation registration date for 2022, the student must select the medium of the exam. Also, the first and second paper of the CA foundation is subjective. And the third and fourth paper of the CA foundation is objective.
Moreover, for one wrong answer, 0.25 marks are deducted in papers third and fourth. Further, the exam mode for CA foundation May 2022 is offline. Besides all these, a student must secure a 40% mark in every subject and a 50% aggregate mark to clear this level.
CA Foundation Preparation Tips
So, all the CA exams are very tough to clear in one attempt. But an aspirant can get a good score if he/she works hard. So, let’s know some preparation tips for the CA foundation exam below.
- Cover all four papers before the exam. Also, always try to complete all the syllabus of the CA foundation exam before two months of the exam.
- Moreover, study each subject deeply and practice the problematic questions every day. Moreover, the regular practice of problematic questions gives you benefits in your exam.
- After paying CA foundation registration fees, a student gets study material from ICAI. However, students always try to follow the ICAI study material for exam preparation.
- Additionally, make a proper timetable to cover all four papers quickly. Besides this, manage your time and study regularly to secure good marks.
- Also, ICAI provides the mock test PDFs to the students. Additionally, don’t avoid these mock test papers. As a result, these papers will help to know the exam pattern.
- Additionally, revision is an essential part of the CA foundation exam. So that revises all four papers before the exam.
However, the CA foundation registration date for 2022 is not declared by ICAI. After the registration, follow the above steps to secure good marks.
In the final analysis, hard work is the key to every success. Also, if candidates work hard and spend more time in their studies, they can easily clear all the CA foundation exam papers. Moreover, we hope the above article will give you enough knowledge about the CA foundation syllabus.